THE HOME DEPOT HOME SERVICES: UPDATE YOUR HVAC SYSTEM!
As the summer winds down and weather begins to cool off, now is a great time to prepare for colder weather in order to save on energy bills. Your heating and cooling account for 49 percent of your household energy consumption. Home Depot Associate Danny Watson shares how to know the signs of a faulty heating and air conditioning system and Water Heater to ensure your home stays warm and your system stays cost effective.
Take the hassle out of replacing an old heating/air conditioning unit or Water Heater with the help from a The Home Depot certified professional. The Home Depot Home Services offers local, licensed and insured professionals to get the job done right. Call 1-800-HOME DEPOT to get a free quote.
* Two times a year: Keep your furnace and air condition system working all year long with regular maintenance at least twice a year. We suggest customers have their systems checked in the fall before the weather gets too cold.
* Things to look for: As your unit gets older, its efficiency can decrease dramatically. It is time to schedule service if there is excess noise, condensation build up or the unit excessively turns on and off.
* Check your bill: Changes in utility bills are certainly an indication of a potential problem. Bills that are higher than usual often signal a problem. Homes that tend to remain too hot or too cold are also a sign something might not be working properly.
* Older than seven years: Systems older than seven years, require frequent repairs or stop working, are the quickest ways to know it is time to replace the unit. Replacing it with a new, more energy efficient system will lower the cost of your utility bill.
WATER HEATER: Most water heaters last between 10 and 15 years before they need to be replaced, but it is important to check for signs that it may be time for service or new install.
* Check for Power Issues: Check for power if there is no hot water. While no hot water can be a sure sign that the water heater has failed, it could also mean the pilot light is out or the circuit breaker tripped.
* Examine the Water: Examine the water that comes out of the hot faucet. If it appears rusty, this signals an upcoming failure of your water heater. Muddy water or increased sediment signals a potential failure of your water heater.
* Listen for Tell-Tale Sounds: Pay attention to the noises your water heater makes. While there will be normal sounds as the water heats, loud cracks and pops indicate an interaction between the heating elements inside the heater and the scale and mineral deposits built up on them.
* Address Leaks Immediately: Take immediate action if you see leaking water around the water heater where none has leaked before. Disconnect the electricity or turn off the gas to the unit and let the water cool down before attempting to remove and replace the water heater. Leaking water indicates an internal failure in the water heater.
Home Depot’s HVAC & Water Heater Services: Whether you are just looking for a tune-up or are interested in installing a new unit, The Home Depot has the know-how needed to get the job done right.
* Free consultation: If you think it may be time to replace your HVAC system, schedule a free in-home consultation and The Home Depot will send one of our authorized service providers to your home to evaluate the unit and give an estimate.
* Service you can trust: These professionals are local, licensed and insured to make sure the job gets done right. The Home Depot has a screening process in place and performs background checks on all service providers before they go out on a job.
* If a tune-up is needed, the service provider will come to your house and perform a 25-point inspection on your HVAC system. This is a worthwhile investment that will help identify and fix small issues, saving you money.
* Payment made easy: If you are in need of a new unit installed, The Home Depot offers credit and extended service agreements for 1, 3, 5 or 10 years that help you handle the cost of a new furnace or air conditioning system.
* All services work has a 90-day labor guarantee.
* Rheem Water Heater Installation – The Rheem product range extends to gas water heaters, electric water heaters and tankless water heaters.
Related links: Home Depot